Molt support bundle
Please click the link to read the terms as we have different shipping methods for different items.
A BUNDLE INCLUDES:
- 0.5 oz of black oil sunflower seeds
- 1 oz of dehydrated papaya
- 1 oz of dehydrated pineapple
INGREDIENTS AND HEALTH BENEFITS:
1) Black oil sunflower seeds
- Helps put oil into their fur for a warm and shiny coat
- Contains high levels of protein, is rich in vitamin E and linoleum acid (for heart health), and a great source of fibre
- The additional calories and protein will help them blow their coat and grow a new one
*We advise not to feed the seeds during the summer due to the heat since the seeds help them grow a new warm coat*
2) 100% papaya
- Contains enzymes that aid in digestion to help break down ingested fur
- Rich in fibre and antioxidants
- Known to have anti-inflammatory properties
- High in vitamin C to improve the immune system
3) 100% pineapple
- Contains an enzyme called bromelain that aids in digestion, including digested fur
- Contains dietary fibre, minerals, fructose, and vitamins that also aid in the digestive process
- Contains vitamin C which strengthens the immune system and works as an antioxidant
- Known to aid in inflammation reduction
- no additional additives are used for our dehydrated fruits
Dried treats are safe to give to rabbits, but are high in sugar content, so the fruits should be given in small amounts and should not be given daily. Fruit should not be given to rabbits younger than 2 months old. If your rabbit is under 6 months old they should be given fruit sparingly. Rabbits have sensitive stomachs, so new fruits should be introduced slowly in small amounts.
Good for 3-5 months depending on if it is stored well. This is intended for healthy pets and should be given only as a treat and not to replace their meals.
During molting season a piece of papaya can be given or a combination of all 3 but with restricted quantities (ie 3 seeds, half a strip of papaya, half a piece of pineapple daily for healthy rabbits that are 5lbs). If it is a treat for non-molting seasons give up to a thumb sized piece per day per 5lbs as a treat. Rabbits should not consume too much sugar, so be mindful of the amount to give if this treat is given in addition to other sugary treats.
Store in a closed airtight container in a cool, dry place